- Public Relations (1)
JOBSFeb 21, 2018
POPULAR ON YOUTUBE
St Columbas schools
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2017
Application Deadline: Jun 23, 2017
St Columbas schools is owned and operated by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA) in Tanzania. The School currently has two campuses Upanga and Makongo with a student population of over 700 students from Baby Class to Grade Seven with day and boarding facilities. Due to rapid expansion the school wishes to fill the following two vacancies below;
He/She will report to the School Principal, WILL BE BASED AT UPANGA AND RESPONSIBLE FOR BOTH CAMPUSES, and is charged with the following responsibilities:
• Professionally and effectively manage school infrastructure, including new projects, modifications and repairs as required.
• Ensure adherence to the Human Resource policy and the financial policy governing the school in performance of all duties.
• Organise interview processes and prepare induction programmes for new employees
• Liaise, evaluate and assess all supplies required for the schools in coordination with the school principal and management, including teaching materials, equipment, food supplies.
• Liaise and coordinate with schools accountant on payment of school staff payroll, utilities and all goods & service suppliers
• Manage and ensure full records and stock controls for all stores and stocks
• Liaise with the church management to secure for teachers their teaching licenses and work permits, for those required in accordance with the directions school board.
• Assist the school management in the day to day administrative tasks related to staff and to pupils.
• Keep proper files and records for all staff in consultation with the SB secretary.
• Manage the provision of meals and ensure the pupils are properly and nutritively fed within the limits of the agreed budget and revenue collected
• Manage the provision and ensure efficient transport system for qualified pupils, within the limits of the agreed budget and revenue collected.
• Communicate with parents on issues regarding pupils' welfare (other than academic issues).
• In partnership with the relevant authorities, facilitate the possibility of having a friendly learning environment and aid capacity building plan on all staff in partnership with the school management
• In liaison with Schools Board, Organize and facilitate the realization of employees' benefit schemes as spelt out in the HR policy.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR
• Holder of a Degree in Human Resource or any other from a recognized University or Training Institute
• Experience Working in similar position for a minimum of 5 years.
• One positive recommendation from current or previous Employer
• A Christian and
• A Tanzanian
All interested candidate applicants are requested to submit their CV and a covering letter application identifying their strength and experience explaining why they are best suited for the position before the close of business 23rd June 2017. All applicants should be addressed to;
The Board of Chair,
St Columba’s School,
P.O. Box 2510
Dar es Salaam.
Applications can also be hand delivered to the school located at the corner of Barack Obama Drive and Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.